In India, the banking sector has been a popular choice when it comes to career options and nothing is better than the central bank of the country. The Reserve Bank of India conducts annual recruitment to appoint Officers and Assistants across its branches, and the number of applicants has also rapidly increased over the years.
For a few hundred vacancies which are released every year, the count of applicants is in lakhs, thereby, increasing the competition. Be it the Officer or the Assistant post, the competition is equally tough. Therefore, to guide aspirants and help them excel in the upcoming RBI exams, we bring to you the key tips to score more and crack the RBI Assistant Exam in their very next attempt.
Also, discussed are a few of the basic aspects of the Assistant cadre examination for the reference of candidates.
RBI Assistant Exam Notification 2022
The official announcement of the recruitment is done through the notification released by the conducting body, in this case, the Reserve Bank of India. All the important details and the minutest information is announced with the release of this official notification.
Exam schedule, eligibility, distribution of vacancies, the online application process, registration fee, exam centres, relaxations, probation, salary structure and pay scale, etc. are all clearly notified for the reference of all aspirants. It is always advised that before filling in the application form, a candidate must carefully analyse the RBI Assistant notification.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Given below is the RBI Assistant syllabus and exam pattern in brief:
|Stage of Exam
|2 hours 15 minutes
There is no Interview for this post. For the two written examinations, negative marking is applicable for every wrong answer. However, the conducting body reserves the right to change or update the syllabus or exam pattern as per the latest guidelines. The same is clearly mentioned in the official notification for the Assistant examination.
8 Preparation Tips to Excel in the RBI Exam
- Review the Syllabus and Exam Pattern – Since the conducting body reserves the right to set the exam pattern, candidates must make sure that they review the same, carefully in the notification to ensure that no changes have been made in comparison to the previous years
- Set a Proper Time Table and Preparation Plan – Prepare a proper plan and strategy that incorporates time for learning new topics, revision, preparing for general awareness or reading newspaper, solving mock tests and also some free time to relax and freshen up your mind. Do not over pressurise yourself with the hectic schedule that involves only studying
- Gather Relevant Study Material – Candidates can easily find the most suitable study material both online and offline. The best books which have been recommended by previous years’ toppers and on multiple online portals can be referred for preparation purposes. Also, candidates must get into a habit of making proper notes that are easily understandable and can be useful for all competitive exams with a common syllabus
- Devote Equal Time to Each Subject – To improve the overall scores, it is important that a candidate dedicates an equal amount of time to prepare every subject. Considering the tough competition, scoring more is the only way to succeed in the examination
- Join Coaching, if required – In the case of candidates who are not very familiar with the bank exam preparation or the subjects included in the syllabus, they can join a coaching institute for guidance. Here they can get expert assistance from professionals, who can guide them through the different stages of the examination
- Solve Mock Tests and Practise Papers – One of the best and highly recommended ways of understanding the exam pattern and the type of questions that can be asked in the examination is by solving mock tests. These are easily available online on various portals with the set guidelines and time limit for the reference of candidates. By solving such practise papers and scoring high in the same, the candidate’s confidence is also boosted
- Refer to Previous Year Question Papers – To apprehend the standard of examination one must always refer to the previous year papers. This also gives an understanding of which topics are more important from the exam perspective and questions based on which have been frequently asked over the years
- Revise – The key to excelling in the exam is revising daily so that all the important things stay intact in the mind. Considering the comprehensive syllabus, one needs to constantly revise the important topics to stay up to date
All these tips mentioned above will help candidates set up a strategic preparation plan for the upcoming Assistant exam, notification for which is expected to be released by January 2022. Once the notification is released and the exam dates are out, candidates must pull full focus towards revision and solving mock tests.
Also, remember for each of these stages of written exams, a separate RBI Assistant Admit Card and result status is released. This entire recruitment procedure lasts for a minimum of five to six months. Thus, candidates must stay prepared accordingly.